Post By RelatedRelated Post
Kit manufacturer: Trumpeter
Vehicle type: Military
Engine type: Reciprocating
Model of WWII era: 1939-1945
Country of origin: United Kingdom
Model scale: 1:35
I present to you the model plane Swordfish Mk.I. Its prototype is the glider that participated in the attack of “Bismarck”.
By itself, the box includes a modification Mk.II. For this reason, it was necessary to alter the radiator and exhaust pipe for the modification Mk.I. The manufacturer provides a possibility to build a fully transparent fuselage. I chose the path “not for you, not for us” and made only the left side transparent – there are things to look at. The work of course began with the cab assembly. It was supplemented by etching by Eduard and of course an imitation of wiring and all kinds of rods from wire and stretched molding. The engine is supplemented with wiring from the etching, the exhaust hole is “drilled” with a knife.
List of modification introduced into model plane Swordfish Mk.I
- I demolished the thickness of the rear edges of feathers;
- I reworked all the ANO lights using a set by “Elf”;
- I added fasteners of the torpedo;
- I added wiring to the upper;
- I redesigned rear-view mirror (metal with soldered loop) and its fasteners;
- I modified bomb pylons;
- I resuscitated both arms of the barrel;
- I refined leather trims on the ends of the sides (tape treated with the super-glue);
- I added the imitation of half-mast tires.
The model is painted with acrylic paints Tamiya and Hansa. For the revitalization of the ship model there were applied traditional methods – preshading, postshading, washer and “oil spots”. Pleasant watching to everyone, with respect to you, Maxim.