Post By RelatedRelated Post
Kit manufacturer: Hasegawa
Vehicle type: Military
Engine type: Reciprocating
Model of WWII era: 1939-1945
Country of origin: United States
Model scale: 1:48
My long-term dream to assemble “Airacobra” has come true. My choice fell on the P-400 “Wahl Eye Il/Pat” of Lieutenant Eugene Well, 39th Fighter Squadron of the 35th Fighter Group, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, May 1942.
I used the following additional sets:
- a set for etching by Eduard;
- recess of the main chassis by Vector (resin);
- Connections by Quickboost (resin).
Additional works conducted during the assembly of the model:
- opening of the propeller spinner has been fixed;
- covers of the main landing gear and their thickness have been fixed;
- lugs for the antenna’s thread have been added;
- pilot’s hindsight has been remade;
- lines of hydraulic were added to the landing gear (wire);
- the barrels on the wings and bonnet have been remade (stretched molding tree);
- the gun barrel propeller spinner has been rekindled;
- elevating and direction rudders have been separated. As a result, we have visible (drilled) holes of the power set of the keel and stabilizers, the demolished feathers thickness, simulated twill tapes;
- demolished thickness of wings’ feathers;
- added pointing and simulated staves (reviter).
P-400 Airacobra model is painted with Tamiya acrylic.
Pleasant watching to everyone, with respect to you.
Leave a Comment