Post By RelatedRelated Post
Kit manufacturer: Modelist
Year: since 1960
Country of origin: United Kingdom
Model scale: 1:24
Good day everyone, dear modelers!
Let me present you the AC Cobra – a fairly well-known sports coupe.
Oh, it took so much of my blood…
Thus, the box was presented to me for my birthday by a friend of mine – a very nice gift… Even given the fact that it Modelist ))
The model was assembled and painted in 2009 and put on the shelf… I did not even think about what I constructed… as I didn’t receive any pleasure from the assembly. And then I saw “the box”… I realized it was a shame to keep a crooked collected car and decided to remake it. I was poking it for a year and that’s just finished.
The auto was completely dismantled and cleaned of paint/decals, the housing was restored with putty and glass-paper (there were many traces of molds). It was a very long process))) Then followed the primer (Tamiya), the base was painted with gold, as well from Tamiya, and the stripes were painted white instead of awful decks. On the top I added 4 layers of varnish and polish.
Changes and adjustments introduced to the car model
I worked a little with the cabin interior:
- I fully repainted it.
- I added decks for dashboards from my stocks, because in Modelist kit such things are not provided.
Exterior was subjected to a more serious alteration:
- The rear lights were just discarded, in view of the fact that they were one obscure detail, from the view reminiscent of chromed bumps )) with traces of mold displacement. I added new lights, and I was very pleased with the result, as they are now composite.
- I refused using the kit’s exhaust system. In fact, the tube was a crooked stick along the side, which it was impossible even to be drilled. I made as it should be: 4 pipes (pants) go into the general tube, then the silencer and the general pipe again with the exhaust.
- I replace the mirrors… Found what was at hand… But, believe me, it’s better than what was given in the kit))
- Unfortunately I had to abandon basic wheels… They were of terrible quality, non-copied, and without any capabilities of correction. I chose what was, in my opinion, the most appropriate of what I had.
Final stage of model construction
As for the motor, there was just painting and toning/dry brush, also I added a couple of decals. With the hood, rather with its inconsistencies, I couldn’t do anything… I know it’s a minus.
Then I put everything without changes on the housing and voila! The auto is ready for your eyes and my becalmed soul. Now it is on the shelf for quite fair rules)))))
Leave a Comment